There are a variety of decorative, reusable olive oil bottles on the market. If you want to wash out your olive oil bottle for reuse or recycling, use a method that cuts the oil sticking to the interior of the bottle.
Things You'll Need
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Bottle cleaning brush
- Fill the empty olive oil bottle half full with hot water.
- Add several squirts of liquid dish-washing soap to the bottle. Soap designed to cut grease, such as Dawn, works best.
- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to the water.
- Secure the lid on the bottle.
- Shake the bottle to cover the interior with the water, soap and vinegar solution.
- Allow the bottle to sit for a few hours, shaking periodically.
- Remove the water and wash with soap, bottle cleaning brush, and hot water. Rinse.